Director: Mrs. Mfon Teddy Essien
Phone Number: 08023515045
Functions of the Department:
- Responsible for the control and operation of the accounts of the Agency.
- Ensures compliance with Financial Regulations, accounting codes and other extant rules in accounting for all public funds.
- Ensures effective budgetary control through proper budget implementation in line with approved allocation.
- Liaise with the office of the State Accountant General for adequate and timely releases of funds to the Agency.
- Ensures that all funds received by the Agency are utilized for the purposes which they are meant and in accordance with laid down procedures and in line with Financial Regulations and other extant rules.
- Maintenance of the Statutory Books of Accounts (Overhead and Capital accounts) of the Agency.
- Ensures that employees are paid timely on a regular basis.
- Ensures that there are financial controls in order to maintain the best separation of duties possible.
- Responsible for the receipt and response to all audit queries issued by the Office of the State Auditor General.
- Ensures that staff of the Department are trained regularly to enhance optimum productivity.